1. I’m running it! And so are lots of local runner ladies. How much fun is it to have friends at a race?! The course is an out-and-back so you can high-five your friends when you pass each other. Unless you are running together, then you can hold hands or do whatever you want. That might be sort of hard, but very adorable.
2. It’s a PR course: flat. I’ve been toying with the idea of a sub-1:50 half for a while. (What is wrong with me?! I can’t stop!) I don’t know if I can pull this off this soon, but I plan to use the Snohomish Women’s Run Half as a baseline to see where I’m at…at least. The course is closed to traffic, and there will be pacers.
3. You need a practice race or some mileage about a month out from the Seattle Rock ‘N’ Roll Half (or Full) Marathon or the brand, new beautiful and way less crowded Snoqualmie Valley Half. The Snohomish Women’s Run is nice and flat with a relaxed atmosphere. You can take it easy and you won’t hurt yourself on hills before your A race.
4. You’ll be helping the Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County. Something to feel good about, for sure.
5. This is the race’s first year. So you can say, “I was there when it started,” and then run it every year thereafter.
6. The race isn’t too big: It’s limited to 500 runners, so you won’t get elbowed in the side when you’re sprinting for the finish. Although, I can’t guarantee this if you’re running next to me.
7. The race shirt and medal are super cute. Isn’t that what running’s all about anyway? 😉
8. It’s affordable! Even at this late date, it’s only $70. (Register by 5/13/14.) Plus…see #9 below…
9. Two words: DISCOUNT CODE! You can save 10% on your Snohomish Women’s Run Half entry by using this coupon code: MOMVSMARATHON2014
Okay, so what are you waiting for? Register here!