- SQUEEZING IN A LONG RUN: Today, I’m going to a wedding meeting for Chelsea! Yay! I’m calling it a meeting because I’m meeting the other “maids” and talking about dresses, etc. Although, I’ve never been to a meeting that had alcohol. Afterward, she’s going to film me making a fool of myself on a sidewalk in Seattle for my Nuun video. Hope it’s not raining! I was going to try to run somewhere new in Seattle, but I also have movie plans with friend in the evening (busy social Friday — Mr. T loves those kinds of days), so I think I’ll just stop at the Cedar River Trail on the way home from Seattle and get in my 9-miler. Hope it’s sunny! And not raining!
- NUUN HOOD TO COAST RELAY APPLICATION DEADLINE! I have written, recorded, rewritten, re-recorded and rewritten my Nuun Hood to Coast application about…oh…600 times. I really like the direction it is going now, which may be a bad sign. But however it ends up, I pretty much have to go with it since it is due on Monday! Yeah, I’m an overthinker. What up? So look for that this weekend. Hoping to post it Sunday. Yikes!
- MT. SI RELAY! Nicole over at Ricole Runs (Sometimes) tweeted me a week or so ago about the Mt. Si Relay. It’s 59 miles of trail running with 5 runners. We each do a couple legs. I’m so excited! I loved Hood to Coast last year, so I’ve been wanting to do another relay. It’s hard for me to get the “okay” to be away for an entire weekend, so this is perfect.
- CROSS-TRAINING FAIL: No real cross-training this week. I did do two days of strength: Run Less Run Faster strength routine on Tuesday night (which I am STILL sore from) and Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred, Level 2, on Thursday night. We’re just slightly behind schedule this week, and cannot catch up. Does that every happen to other families?
- WEIGHT LOSS: I lost a pound this week, and I didn’t rack my food. Woot! Sometimes, I think, that tracking my calories makes it too easy for me to try to cheat. Know what I mean? Like I run 4 miles, so I have 450 calories or so extra, and then I try to see how much caramel corn I can eat for that. But if I don’t track then I’m a little more cautious. I guess I’m tracking in my head. I know I can’t keep this up forever. Maybe I need to find some sort of tracking middle ground. I’ve been hovering around 150 for nearly a year, and would like to be closer to 140. Thoughts on this?
- I WAS WRONG: Oh! So remember how I wrote that RLRF said I could run a 1:40:something half? Yeah, I was looking at the equivalent pace chart, which was basically saying if I ran a half at the same pace as I ran the 5K, that I could get a 1:40:something. Oops! No wonder. RLRF says I can do a 1:49 based on my 5K PR. That’s more like it. I don’t even want to know what the 400-meter repeat paces are for a 1:40 half. Oh, crap. Yes I do. Hold on…looking it up…Yeah, that’d be 400 meters in 1:35 — a 6:20 pace. Can’t. Even. Imagine. Maybe some day.
- This isn’t running related, really, but did you see my glasses in the picture in my post yesterday? Here’s a reminder:
Holy sunglasses, Batman. They don’t look that big in real-life, I swear. Those are borderline joke glasses. I’m still going to wear them, though, so…
I haven’t been a bridesmaid in about 12 years. I am old. Got any bridesmaid tips? Tonight, I puffy-painted something (for my Nuun video). I haven’t puffy-painted anything in about 25 years, so that was interesting. How are your puffy-paint skills? Mine are kinda shaky. Do you like big sunglasses? Or are you a bifocal minimalist?