Just throwing these out there because they’ve happened to me in the last couple of runs. Please tell me I’m not the only one…
- I miscalculate the “out” portion of an “out and back” and then have to sprint a mile to the car during an “easy” run.
- I walk in the opposite direction I plan to run in to warm up. But sometimes just as I want to turn around and run, another person (coming toward me) jogs past me in the direction I want to run in, so I feel stupid turning and passing the person again. Instead, I just run the way I was already running and then get my calculations messed up when I finally feel there’s enough distance between us to turn around.
- A speeding bee flies directly into my left ear making me scream, jump and slap myself in the head in front of all my neighbors.
- I forget to breathe.
- I get sweat marks in the “crotchal” region. No, I did not pee my pants! …Well, not THIS time anyway.
- I inadvertently speed up when Sin Wagon from Dixie Chicks comes on my playlist.
- I think I can change into/out of my running clothes MUCH faster than I actually can.
- I smile and wave to a passing runner/biker/walker and GET NOTHING IN RETURN
Day 11 Sub-2-Half Training
Went a little something like this:
Hit snooze button at 4:45.
Got up at 5:54.
See clock says 5:13 and wonder how I will get to trail by 5:30.
Get dressed; braid wet hair.
Let dog out; put on socks and shoes.
Gather bag with work clothes.
Gather purse and lunch bag.
See that clock says 5:22.
Realize I don’t have my iFitness belt.
Realize I needed to eat something.
Throw bags in car.
Drive to trail.
Adjust belt and music at stoplights.
Park alongside highway.
Jump over drainage ditch to trail.
Realize parking lot gate is open this morning.
See that clock says 5:51.
Realize I will only have time for four miles.
Shorten warm-up walk.
Think about whether or not I am running too fast.
Decide pace feels tough, but comfortable.
Miscalculate “out and back.”
Realize clock says 6:22 with about a mile+ left.
Sprint to car.
Realize the easy run turned into a progression run.
Avg. Pace: 8:58
Mile 1: 9:19
Mile 2: 9:08
Mile 3: 9:01
Mile 4: 8:33
.27: 8:27 pace