Thank you to TMB at Racing with Babes for this award! She’s running a half in Bermuda on Sunday. How cool is that? Good luck and run fast, TMB!
To accept this award, I must reveal 7 facts about myself and then pass it along to 7 bloggers. So, here I go:
1. Name a sport. I’ve probably played it. Some competitively: cross country, soccer, swimming, track (running events and the shotput!), volleyball, basketball and water polo. Others recreationally: golf, biking, snow and water skiing. Lessons only: tennis, horseback riding, baton-twirling, synchronized swimming, gymnastics, ice skating, jazz and tap dance, and ballet.
2. I’m on Team Conan!
3. I don’t like to be sad. I will go to extremes to avoid it. That’s why I haven’t been watching the news a lot this week. I feel particularly helpless about what’s going on in Haiti. I also feel guilty that I was lucky enough to be born in America where, yes, we have earthquakes, but we also are starting out in a much better situation than the people of Port-au-Prince. All many of us can really do to help is donate money. If you haven’t already, go here to check out charities.
4. I’m terrible at keeping in touch.
5. My wedding dress and veil are still hanging in my closet. Mr. T and I will be married for 8 years in May. (Probably should get the gown cleaned and stored properly…)
6. I’ve weighed over 200 pounds more than once in my life. I want to maintain the healthy path I am on now and never be there again.
7. I was a summer exchange student in Switzerland when I was 16. I got to go to the Alps and Paris. I will be forever thankful to my parents and the family I stayed with for this experience.
1. Zoë at Run, Zoë, Run
2. Amanda at 5 Miles 2 Empty
3. Heather at Almost Running
4. Amanda at Manderz Journey to a New Life
5. Robin at Running Circles Around Turtles
6. Lisa at Lisa Runs? Wait…What?
7. Mel at 2nd Chances
I was trying to think of an inspirational quote to end this post, but I couldn’t and when I searched for one on the InterWebs there were just. too. many. to choose from! Go ahead, do a search for “running quotes.”
I wouldn’t hate it if you left your favorite one as a comment.