PR-attempt in 5, 4, 3…
Saturday, I will attempt another 5k PR at Santa Runs Tacoma. I PR’d there last year in some pretty sweet elf ears. The theme for Team Will Run for Ice Cream this year is “candy cane” — I’ll share my outfit later in the week.
Here’s what I will be doing to make sure I’m ready to tackle the race:
- Be mindful of how much water I’m drinking. Often, I have not been drinking enough because I’m cold.
- Run twice only — at a comfortable pace, so I don’t wear out my legs.
- Get my outfit together mid-week so I’m not stressing about it at the last minute.
- Get to bed at a decent time Wednesday-Friday (Monday-Tuesday, I can’t make any promises).
- Watch my calorie intake. I lost about three pounds over the last couple of weeks. I’d like to keep it off.
What other ways do you prepare for a race during the week?