“The more we do, the more we can do; the more busy we are, the more leisure we have.” -Dag Hammarskjold
I am going to be busy with work for the next few weeks. I won’t have much time to devote to blogging and reading blogs — not that I’ve had a ton of time recently anyway. I am excited and scared to have some extra work. But I know it will pay off in the end. Keeping my eye on the prize: a bike.
- I do hope to keep up with all of my training, although I admit, it may suffer a bit.
- I love having a trainer. I can get up early and ride while watching TV. I don’t have to worry about going out in the cold and dark.
- I have been able to run on my lunch hour, and since I am finally admitting I can only run 3 days per week, that is working out nicely. Usually Tuesdays, Thursdays, and then the long run on Saturday.
- I got to run with Lindsay, Karla, Nicole and Alma on the Soos Creek Trail last Saturday, and it was an absolute blast. Seven miles flew by. I almost forgot how great it is to run with buddies.
- Thanks to Alma’s suggestion, I ordered these Jillian Michaels strength training cards. I’ve been having trouble finding a weight-lifting routine that doesn’t require going to a gym (obviously, I do not have time for gyms).
- I have not been to the pool once. See bullet above.
- I changed my calories to 2,000 per day (plus more if I burn calories working out, which I usually do). It is HARD to eat that many calories while sticking to cleaner, nutritional foods. I find myself getting too full sometimes. I admit, I’ve been indulging more in treats, though, too.
- Since I raised my calorie allowance two weeks ago, my weight iniatially went up to 153.8 (up about a pound an a half). I tried not to panic. This last week it was down to 153.4. So, I’d call that pretty steady. Besides, it’s not about the scale, and more about how my body looks and fits in clothes.
- The best news: I have noticed a less flabby belly! I still have not taken my measurements. Ineedto do that.
- My next race is the Seattle Half at the end of November. What’s yours? (My physical therapist is looking for a bib for the Seattle Half if you know of one.)
- After the Seattle Half, I have the Mustache Dache on November 17. Really looking forward to that one!
- What’s going on with you?!